I’m Abigail. I am a designer working with artists, nonprofits, movement organizations, and socially responsible small businesses.
I have worked in a variety of roles in print, publishing, and journalism, including letterpress printer, typesetter, bookseller, and art director of a daily online magazine. I have been working as a freelance designer and front end developer since 2014.
A note about your small budget
I was taught to use what you have to build what you need. I was also taught to resist austerity and minimalism. (Though, sometimes minimalism is the right strategy.) I am not a large agency and I don’t have big corporate clients. I am just one person, and because of that I get to be scrappy and accountable to you. I will not be squeezing you into a pro bono slot at the end of the day. I will be invoicing you, but I promise that I am realistic, efficient, and affordable.
Kinds of work I especially enjoy
- centering accessibility
- visualizing, illustrating and communicating abstract, complex, or technical ideas and information
- meticulous typography
- image research
- crafting inviting, functional, accessible websites that don’t all look alike
- empowering clients to update and maintain their websites confidently and independently (though I am also happy to provide tech support when needed!)
- working on paper: drawing, collage, printmaking
- demystifying art, design, technology, and technical expertise
Selected past clients
- Ms. Foundation for Women
- American Atheists
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice
- North Star Fund
- Seven Stories Press
- Librarians and Archivists with Palestine
- Brooklyn Public Library
- The Center
- Equal Justice USA
- Strength in Numbers Consulting Group
This site is set in Faune by Alice Savoie.